Welcome to the OWWA/WEAO Joint Asset Management Committee page
What We Do
The OWWA/Water Environment Association of Ontario (WEAO) Joint Asset Management Committee is dedicated to the promotion, education, and information exchange of best asset management practices within the water environment industry.
Water and wastewater utility leaders face a variety of management challenges, including:
- Aging infrastructure
- Increasing population
- Decreased grant monies
- Increased public expectations for service and performance
- Decreased public acceptance of rate increases
- New and more stringent regulatory requirements
- Workforce demographics
We are responding to these challenges by working with our members and partners to develop a variety of management initiatives and opportunities for education, training, and networking.
- Develop and deliver asset management workshops
- Contribute asset management articles for OWWA’s and WEAO’s quarterly publications, Pipeline and Influents respectively
- Participate in the annual conferences of OWWA and WEAO
- Liaise with the OWWA Management Committee to share information
- Assist agencies in developing individual asset management strategies
Who We Are
Our committee is open to members from all facets of the water environment industry. Current members include representatives from the municipal and consulting sectors.
Committee members are expected to:
- Attend nine meetings per year and provide input on committee affairs
- Provide input on materials produced for AM committee events
- Support AM committee events through direct involvement
- Represent and promote WEAO/OWWA and the AM Committee
|Committee Chair||Gen Nielsen|
|Vice Chair||Grace McLenaghan|
|Dean Rurak||Yaku Consulting|
|Richard Pinder||Region of Waterloo|
|Grace McLenaghan||Region of Peel|
|Vanessa Chau||CH2M HILL|
|James Jorgensen||Blue Plan Engineering Consultants Ltd.|
|Terry Martins||Associate Manager, Blue Plan Engineering Consultants Ltd.|
|Gustavo Arvizu||WSP Canada|
|Gen Nielsen||City of Ottawa|
|Anis Somani||Pure Technologies|
|David Watt||Blue Plan Engineering Consultants Ltd.|
|John Duong||Region of Halton|
|Lee Anne Jones, Associate Member||CH2M HILL|
|Gary Houghton||Norfolk County|
|Ray Miller||Clow Canada|
|Danielle Anders||Associated Engineering|
The Asset Management Committee conducts monthly meetings rotating the location amongst member offices. Conference calling is available when required.
For More Information
If you would like more information or would like to join our committee, please contact us.
As this is a Joint OWWA/WEAO Committee we encourage you to also check the WEAO website to keep fully abreast of plans and activities.