A new Ontario Building Code is on its way!
Ontario Regulation 332/12 was made October 31, 2012; filed November 2, 2012; published on e-Laws on November 5, 2012 and printed in the Ontario Gazette on November 17, 2012.
The new regulation goes into effect on January 1, 2014.
There are a number of changes that will have an impact on backflow prevention and cross connection control. Some of the changes to note:
- 184.108.40.206 Water Distribution Systems- greywater system and rainwater use
- 220.127.116.11 Drinking Water Treatment Systems- they will have to be certified to CAN/CSA B483.1
- 7.6.2 Protection from Contamination- there are a number of changes to this subsection. Of note will be a new requirement for premise isolation on buildings where a moderate hazard may be caused by backflow.
- 7.7 Non-potable Water Systems- there are a number of changes to this section.
- Additionally, the referenced CSA Standard will be CSA B64-07.
- This should not be considered a complete list of changes in Regulation 332/12.
Guide for Drinking Water System Owners Seeking To Undertake a Backflow Prevention Program
The Ministry of Environment & Climate Change (MOECC) has released the revised final Backflow Prevention Guide on EBR for information purposes only.
To download the free copy, click here.