Welcome to the OWWA Certification and Education Committee page
What We Do
We support drinking water operator certification and promote continuing education for those in the drinking water industry by:
- Liaising with the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) in an advisory capacity through active participation on the MOECC’s Operator Certification Working Group
- Developing and conducting public workshops where speakers provide an overview of topics related to the water industry that:
- Provide timely information transfer between regulatory agencies, OWWA members, and others interested in the water industry
- Provide the opportunity to exchange information among the drinking water industry professionals on topics of operation and maintenance of water treatment and distribution facilities
- Provide information related to relevant acts and regulations governing operator certification and the drinking water industry, best practices, new trends and technology, etc
- Creating content for the Certification Corner and other articles for the Pipeline magazine
- Soliciting input from the OWWA membership regarding issues important to the water industry
- Periodically contacting other OWWA Committees regarding content and participation in our workshops
Who We Are
|Committee Chair||Julie O’Donnell|
|Vice Chair||Mark Vandergeest|
|Liaison Director||Reg Russwurm|
|Ghassan Ghali||Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change|
|Alex Davidson||County of Brant|
|Anita Petrov||City of Guelph Planning, Engineering & Environmental Services|
|Julie O’Donnell (Chair)||York Region|
|Grant Murphy||Two Point Oh! E-learning Services|
|Reg Russwurm (Liaison Director)||Town of The Blue Mountain|
|Mark Pinkney||Ontario Watermarks|
|Corinne Louther||Walkerton Clean Water Centre|
|Jill Hass||Hass Engineering|
|Meiru Zheng||Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corp.|
|Mark Vandergeest (Vice-Chair)||City of Barrie|
|Adam Allcock||Town of Lincoln|
|Ken MacDonnell||Fleming College|
|Diane Moreau||City of Barrie|
|Rebecca Sackrider||Township of Tiny|
Our committee generally meets 3 to 5 times per year, and members are able to participate in meetings either in-person or via conference call.
For information on upcoming events, please visit the Events > OWWA Workshops / Seminars page.
If you have a workshop topic to suggest, a comment about a recent workshop or would like to participate at a future workshop as a guest speaker please click here to email the Committee chair.
For More Information
If you would like more information or are interested in joining our committee, please contact us.
If you are interested in learning about how to become a water operator, visit the Ontario Water Wastewater Certification office at www.owwco.ca.