Welcome to the OWWA Cross Connection Control Committee page
What We Do
- Maintain communication with educational institutions in Ontario offering Back Flow Prevention courses
- Endorse accreditation of educational institutions offering certification
- Endorse certification of CCC Specialists who have successfully completed approved courses
- Identify and research existing or potential conflicts between plumbing codes and backflow prevention
- Provide education to the drinking water industry on back flow prevention
- Participate at the National level on the Canadian CCC Coordinating Committee.
The committee communicates with and monitors the following groups:
- AWWA CCC Coordinating Committee
- AWWA Standards Council
- Canadian CCC Coordinating Committee
- OWWA Distribution Committee
- OWWA Certification & Education Committee
- Provincial CCC Committees
- Any other group, agency or association that is relevant
We collaborate with members of the Canadian CCC Coordinating Committee with respect to examination questions and procedures for use by accredited educational institutions.
- Questions that are relative to local codes and conditions are prepared
We visit and evaluate educational institutions requesting teaching status.
- Minimum training requirements are identified (academic, curriculum, laboratory and performance requirements
- Written and practical examinations are prepared
The Committee recommends actions to OWWA to overcome existing or potential conflicts between codes and good backflow prevention.
Our members contribute articles to Pipeline and frequently present papers at workshops and seminars.
Who We Are
Our members include a broad cross-section of water industry specialists with an interest in backflow prevention, including water purveyors, regulators, equipment suppliers, consultants, educators and other interested parties.
In addition to the Chair and Vice Chair, a Certification Officer is appointed to serve as the key liaison with local educational institutions.
|Committee Chair||Murray E. McDowall|
|Vice Chair||Gord Simmons|
|Michael Haslam||Mohawk College|
|Bryan Heyl||George Brown College|
|Greg Van Bakel||Fanshawe College|
|Tony Walton||Georgian College|
|Ed Bertolo||Evans Supply Limited|
|Murray E. McDowall||ProActive Water Solutions Inc.|
|Mark Pinkney||Ontario Watermarks|
|Jeff Cooper||Apollo Valves|
|Moe Fanous||Watts Canada|
|Jay Milne||Full Moon Plumbing Inc.|
|Vijay Ratnaparkhe||City of Toronto|
|Jeff Crossman||City of Guelph|
|Gord Simmons||Peterborough Utilities Commission|
|Dan Michaud||Utilities Kingston|
|Mohammed Karim||Town of Richmond Hill|
|Samantha Buch||Ontario Water Works Association|
|Ken Campbell, Liaison Director||R.V. Anderson Associates Limited|
The committee has four meetings each year. Meetings are generally held on the second Thursday in February, May, September and November. Meeting sites vary but are based on committee member locations.
For more information
If you are interested in becoming a member of the CCC Committee or are seeking information about the Committee’s work please contact the chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For web links of interest, we invite you to visit our Links Section – Cross Connection Control.