Welcome to the OWWA Groundwater Committee page
What We Do
- Identify and respond to issues of interest to OWWA members related to groundwater
- Conduct seminars to present groundwater information to OWWA members
- Educate the membership on groundwater issues such as well design and maintenance, water quality, data management, groundwater supply and protection
We work closely with the OWWA Source Water Protection Committee, which leads with respect to tracking and reviewing initiatives related to Source Water Protection for groundwater systems.
The Groundwater Committee communicates with and monitors the activities of several other groups, such as:
- AWWA Groundwater Committee
- Children’s Water Festivals
- AWWA Standards Council
- MOE and MNR activities
- International Association of Hydrogeologists
- Ontario Groundwater Association
- Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario
Who We Are
In addition to the Chair and Vice Chair, the committee membership ideally includes a complement of at least six additional members and have representation from utilities (large and small), consultants, universities/colleges and regulatory agencies. Subcommittees are formed as needed in response to issues that arise.
|Committee Chair||Simon Gautrey|
|Vice Chair||David Kerr|
|Liaison Director||Brian Sahely|
|Mike Fairbanks||Region of York||Municipal|
|Rob Kell||Dillon Consulting||Consultant|
|John Harris||International Water Supply Ltd.||Contractor|
|Craig Stainton||Ontario Groundwater Association||Interest Group|
|Deborah Goudreau||Oxford County||Municipal|
|Kim Sayers||R.V. Anderson Associates Ltd.||Consultant|
|David Kerr||City of Kawartha Lakes||Municipal|
|John Easton||Golder Associates||Consultant|
|Beata Golas||Durham Region||Municipal|
|Rob Dermott||City of Barrie||Municipal|
|Mezmure Haile-Meskale||Ministry of Environment||MOE|
|Franklyn Smith||Region of Waterloo||Municipal|
|Karl Belan||Region of Waterloo||Municipal|
We meet three times per year, usually in-person and by conference call if necessary.
For more information
If you would like to get more information or are interested in becoming a member of the Groundwater Committee, please contact us.
Please check the upcoming events section of the website for event and registration details.