Welcome to the OWWA/WEAO Joint Asset Management Committee page
The OWWA/WEAO Asset Management Committee has been created to represent members within the water environment industry. This committee is dedicated to the promotion, education, information exchange, and discussion of best asset management and sustainability practices within the water environment industry.
Water and wastewater utility leaders face a variety of asset management challenges. These challenges include: the demands of aging infrastructure; increasing population; decreased grant monies and rate payer capacity constraints; new and more stringent regulatory requirements; increased public expectations for service, performance; and transparency.
Responsibilities & Activities:
WEAO/OWWA Asset Management Committee is working with its members and partners to develop a variety of management initiatives, resources, and opportunities for education, training, and networking to address asset management challenges. Members responsibilities and activities include:
- Attend meetings and provide input on direction and management of committee affairs
- Support of AM committee events such as workshops and webinars through direct involvement in planning, developing, organizing and coordinating events
- Contribute and solicit asset management articles and presentations for both the WEAO and OWWA annual conferences, as well as the Influents quarterly publication
- Share information between stakeholders and membership that assist organizations to develop and progress with their individual Asset Management strategies and activities
- Represent and promote WEAO/OWWA and the AM Committee at association events
|Committee Chair||Danielle Anders|
|OWWA Liaison||Jaime Boutilier|
|WEAO Liaison||Vanessa Chau|
|Danielle Anders||GM BluePlan|
|Richard Pinder||Region of Waterloo|
|Grace McLenaghan||City of Toronto|
|Vanessa Chau||CH2M HILL|
|James Jorgensen||GM BluePlan|
|Terry Martins||GM BluePlan|
|Gustavo Arvizu||WSP Canada|
|Gen Nielsen||City of Ottawa|
|David Watt||GM BluePlan|
|Jaime Boutilier||Maple Reinders|
|Gary Houghton||Norfolk County|
|Daryush Esmaili||City of Guelph|
|Rebeka Eisbrenner||Region of Halton|
|Mike Garaci||Pure Technologies|
|Ben Pressman||York Region|
|Bethany Ladewig||Peel Region|
|Natalie Ribic||Region of Halton|
|Bill Serjeantson||Cole Engineering|
The Asset Management Committee conducts monthly meetings rotating the location amongst member offices. Conference calling is available when required.
For More Information
If you would like more information or would like to join our committee, please contact us.
As this is a Joint OWWA/WEAO Committee we encourage you to also check the WEAO website to keep fully abreast of plans and activities.